Monday, April 21, 2014
WEEK 13 (Text Response)
"The typical Division 1 college football player devotes 43.3 hours per week to his sport [scheduled practices, lifting sessions, watching tapes...) --That's 3.3 more hours than the tpyical American work week." (Atschuler, The Sports Digest) According to additional research from this same source, It reads more than half of student-athletes said they spend seven or more hours a week outside of scheduled practices, on their sport. (The Sport Digest) With all the time they put in, these athletes can barely juggle academics and athletics, making it near impossible to juggle school, sports and a job. I argue that athlete's deserve a paycheck for the hard work they put into their sport team. I am not saying alot, but a couple hundred dollars a month should be enough for their day-to-day necessities. It would simply act as a job for a source of money. We put a lot of pressure on our student-athltes. This acticle states how we push athletes very hard, almost too hard. Knowing this knowledge in detail, I feel even stronger when I say- I think they deserve to be compencated for their very hard work. It's their job and duty to perform on the court, field, ot ect. Why dont we pay them for thier effort? It's not right that we arent.... this acticle is very eye-opening to what we put athlete through. we really should compensate them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment