Monday, February 17, 2014

WEEK #5 :):):) [text response]

Being the girly-girl that I am, I absolutely love being on pinterest more than anything!! I enjoy scrolling through the fun arts/crafts, the humor, and also the quote category. This blog is inspired by a quote that I came across, and this quote quite simply touched my heart: "I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that he will guide me to do whatever I'm supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, but now I'm praying for stregth. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things." -Mother Teresa After reading this quote, I was intrigued to learn more about this amazing woman!!! In an article, which was intitled "Mother Teresa's of Calcutta", I read about her life as a Roman Catholic nun. Blessed Mother Teresa donated her life to provide aid to those disabled, sick, old, poor, orphaned, and dying. During her years of work, she established hospice as well as centers for disabled, lepers, aged, and the blind. In 1979, Mother Teresa won a Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts. Mother Teresa had a long life commited to helping people in need. Her accomplishments are still remembered to this day. So many people can look to Mother Teresa as a role model of how they should live their lifes!! "I alone cannot change the world, but i can cast a stone across the water that can create many ripples." -Mother Teresa a hero

No comments:

Post a Comment