Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Text Response (week 9)
For this weeks blog, I chose an article that about a subject that really intrigues me. I read about ways to treat Attention Deficit/Hyperactivuty in children. Sadly, It is was to often treated with medications. Personally, I dont think that medication is always necessary to treat this condition. I'm not saying that the option of medication should be eliminated innediately; I just think that it's better to try a more natural approach when treating the condition before starting medication.
ADHDNews.com states that "it has been shown in numorous studies that stimulant medication provides significant benefit between 70 and 80 percent of children with ADHD" Brandi Valentine, (MD), who explanes that many children benefit from the stimulant medications especially Ritalin.
Before medication, which i think you should always try an alternative before drugs, You can go about treating ADHD with natural approaches. Steps to improve their condition can include: They should have a positive attitude towards human contact, they should get a good amount of sleep, eat the right foods, exercise on a regular basis, and they should have a prayer/meditation time which helps theyr mind focus. (Hallowll and Ratey (MD's))
It's understandable that certain children may eventually need medication to treat their condition, but I really dont think that it's fair to put a child on such medication before exploring all of the different options.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment